Thursday, July 1, 2010

An actual posting from the Dana's!





It's hard to believe a year has flown by! At the same time it seems like so much has happened since I last posted. The most exciting thing that happened was the birth of our 4th girl Whitney Lael on Dec. 17, 2009. We came up with her name a few weeks before delivery. The name Whitney was chosen partly due to the fact that mount Whitney in the Sierra Nevadas is the tallest mountain in the US (not counting Alaska). We love the Sierra Nevadas and my Dad has climbed to the top of Mount Whitney. Duane and I love hiking (we hiked Camelback on our 3rd date and our first kiss was on top a ASU's "A" mountain). Lael is my Aunts name and means "of God". She had a fast delivery as did the others (Annelise holds the record at 15 minutes from time of arrival to the hospital) and was 6 lbs. 15 oz., 19 inches long. Our heaviest but shortest baby! I am soaking up every second with her...and the other girls are loving being little mommy's. She is now 6 months old!

Once I remember how to get these pictures in the right layout I will be posting other highlights from this year.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Yay!!! I LOVE her name and hope to see more pictures soon!

Cheryl said...

Hey, I was browsing on Meagan's blog and noticed that you posted. Wow! A whole year...:) Congrats on the little cutie pie. I hear that you are coming to So.Cal. Maybe we'll see ya?

Kristen said...

SHE'S SOOOO CUTE! And a redhead! Can't wait to see more of this little one! LOVE HER NAME!

Katrina said...

What a cutie!!! I'm so glad that you are blogging again!!!